All done! I had a lot of issues getting the binding on, mostly because I was trying to finish in a hurry and not being careful enough. But I was able to go back in with hand stitching and fix them all.
I’m working on a little quilt for my new niece. I didn’t have quite as much fabric as I thought I had, so instead of all little blocks they went into a frame. The binding will be the green on the back. I like the back way better than the front. I think I should start making both sides of all my quilts like the back of this one.
It’s Margot from Knitty and it’s just not doing anything for me.
I’ve been dragging my heels debating on whether to finish this or rip back and maybe make something that would actually fit me. I gave up and finished just to be done with it, but it’s going in the goodwill bag. On a positive note, I’m hoping this being finally off the needles will motivate me to start something new.
Here’s the shot where it looks fine:
and here’s what it really looks like
Another tester recipe from Terry Hope Romero‘s taster pool - Colombian Coconut Lentil Rice
Served with roasted cumin cauliflower