You know how good you feel after you turn in a big paper or finish a big project? And how exciting it is to have vacation time? Well, the Vikings were turned in Friday afternoon and I leave for my parents’ tomorrow. So how much work do you think is getting done in the meantime? Here’s a hint.
Tasks accomplished this weekend:
- Completed Raspy (pictures later, sorry).
- Saw Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (where I saw a million previews that I’m now all excited for. I love the winter movie season!)
- Watched The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (which prompted boyfriend to bump For a Few Dollars More to the top of his Netflix queue. More excitement.)
- Did a time consuming brainless project for the professor that I TA for. (note that time consuming and brainless was just what I was looking for, so that’s not a complaint.)
- Played with my new computer.
- Started a dangerous love affair.
- Started Panta.
But the term papers for my other 2 classes? … Not so much. The only remotely scholarly thing I’ve done all weekend was read a few articles and complete some paperwork for my Professional Experience Project. Now I had every intention to take the rest of Friday off. Even some goofing Saturday is still reasonable. But this is getting out of control. All I want to do is knit and play video games. Luckily I’m going home and that’s the plan. But in the meantime I’m supposed to be working. Of course all this really means is that I’ll have to work while I’m home. And now. Now would be a good time to start working.