1) What is/are your craft(s), & how long have you been doing it/them?
I knit, weave, sew, bead, garden, cook, embroider, cross stitch, latch hook, and generally enjoy crafts of all types.
- I’ve been knitting (on and off) since ’97, but just started again in earnest around ’04. I’m good with double points, I’ve done socks and sweaters, and I’m working on some intarsia, but I’m not out there writing crazy patters like Euny, so I’d say I fall into the intermediate category.
- I’ve been weaving for just under a year. So far I’ve only made shawls. Definitely a beginner.
- I sewed a lot in junior high and high school, but then I bought a lemon of a sewing machine and didn’t sew until getting a new machine for Christmas this year. I’m really excited to be picking it back up.
- I just learned to do beadwork a little over a year ago and really only make stitch markers.
- When I say gardening, I really mean house plants. I’ve had some since going away to undergrad, but it’s moving in with Shawn that has pushed me over the edge to near green house status. (Which I love.) A guess of 50 house plants would be undershooting. I want to grow heirloom tomatoes.
- I learned to embroider in high school when my mom gave me an old pair of my dad’s jeans that he stopped wearing once they got a hole and she decided to sew butterfly wings around the place she tried to mend it. I loved it and had her teach me how and embroidered two pairs of those jeans to the hilt. I’ve done some cute t-shirts more recently.
- I learned to cross stitch in elementary school and again have picked it up and put it down over the years. I especially want to get back into cross stitching, but am having trouble finding cool patterns. I’m not interested in the traditional fare, but I’m also not interested in the subversive cross stitch, oo look, we use curse words, kind of stuff. I like Miss Wooly’s patterns, but would also like to find something more complicated. If I get really ambitious I’m going to look into making my own, I think there’s free software for that. If so, I’m doing this album cover for Shawn. Anyone who wants to be my hero and make that into a chart and tell me how much of which colors I need to buy, feel free.
- I did a latch hook bunny rug in elementary school but lost the whole thing before I finished it. Nostalgia made me start on a fleece latch hook more recently. It’s pretty fun, but pretty tacky.
2) Are you a vegan, vegetarian, veg-curious, veg-friendly or other?
I’m vegetarian with vegan tendencies.
3) Is this your first swap, or have you done previous swaps before? What makes a swap enjoyable for you?
I have done a few swaps before. I love sharing treats with each other that we might not have gotten ourselves otherwise.
4) What is/are your favorite color(s)? Do you particularly dislike any color(s)?
I wear a lot of brown and black. Then I mix in some pale blues or pale pinks. I don’t do electric colors. I’m more neutrals. I also like deep eggplant and lavender.
5) Do you have any allergies (such as pets, foods, fibers or cigarette smoke)?
Don’t love cigarette smoke, but I’m not allergic to anything besides dust and mold.
6) Do you have any companion animals? If so, name(s) and type(s)?
Shawn and I have a little menagerie – Parker Pug is 4, Mashti Pug is just 6 months old, and B Kitty is 2. We’re also frequently visited by Thomas the frog/toad who likes to say hi to Mashti through the backyard sliding glass door, and Thomas the ancient Egyptian evil god/scarab, who likes to visit throughout the house, including the bathroom, the guest bedroom, and under my pillow at night when the lights are out, where he likes to pretend to be B and scratch at my hand. Why yes, I did scream and jump out of the bed.
7) Do you collect anything?
I actually collect super bouncy balls. Like the ones from quarter machines.
8) Do you have a favorite vegan food, snack or dish? If no fav that’s vegan (for those who aren’t vegan), what’s your favorite food? (Hopefully your pal can find a vegan version!)
Tofutti fudge pops! (but those aren’t mailable.) which reminds me that one time ever I had this awesome huge tofutti chipwhich kind of thing. One of my brother’s friends had brought them to our house. I have no idea where she got them and I’ve never seen them since. Mailable foods… I like sour, sweet, and salty, but not spicy or fruity. I also love loose leaf tea, but again, not fruity. In the autumn theme – hot coco and vegan marshmallows!
9) What are some of your favorite/least favorite tastes/flavors? (e.g. sweet, salty, chocolate, crunchy, smooth, tart, sour, spicy, thai, whatever – Help your pal get a feel for what kind of recipes you might like and/or never ever make.)
I like most things pretty well. But not spicy! Or something that requires an oven – I don’t have one right now. I do have a toaster oven though.
10) What tools/supplies/accessories for your craft(s) are you wishing you had but don’t? Also, what do you have TOO many of? (basically a wish and anti-wish list)
I can’t find my Chibi or yarn needles anywhere, so any cute little holder and some more needles would be cool. I have all the knitting needles I need. Ooo, I could also use more super strong magnets to glue to my tiles. ETA – My dog ate my row counter and I broke my retractable measuring tape, so those would be good things too.
11) Are you on Ravelry? What’s
12) Is there anything else you would like your pal to know about you?
Feel free to check out my other questionnaires for more info. They’re linked in the upper right hand sidebar.
13) What scents do you like/dislike?
I like food scents: banana bread, pumpkin pie, coconut, chocolate, cookie, cake, yum. I don’t like fruity or floral.
14) Do you prefer fall or Halloween or some other autumn theme?
I prefer autumn.
15) Just for fun – tell your
favorite Halloween or autumn related memory.
When I wrote this question I swear I had a specific story in mind I was going to tell, but I’m blanking. I grew up in the northeast though and I always loved pulling out the light weight jackets and watching the leaves change colors.