1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I do both. Typically wrapping paper for my immediate family open on Christmas morning presents and gift bags for most other people and occasions. This is mostly because in my personal stash I have mostly received gift bags, so that’s what I have to use, whereas, at my parents’ there is much more wrapping paper to be had and fewer gift bags. I have done the wrapped box inside wrapped box ad nauseum for my brother’s gifts growing up, and I do like to be eco friendly, but it usually comes down to poor pre-planning and grabbing whatever is at hand.
2. Real tree or artificial?
I’ve yet to have my very own tree, but my family always does a real one, sometimes from our own woods! Last year I hung my few little ornaments on my warping board.
3. Why are you willing to answer these questions?
I’m pretty much always up for a meme 🙂
4. When do you take the tree down?
Again, it’s the parents’ tree, but mom likes to leave it up to enjoy for a while.
5. Do you like eggnog?
I can take it or leave it.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
I don’t know if it was my favorite at the time, but I have very fond memories of these gigantic blue teddy bears my brother and I both got. They were bigger than us at the time. I used mine like that husband style pillow with arms for ages.
7. Hardest person to buy for?
Usually my partner. My family all believes in wish lists and somehow my partners never seem to…
8. Easiest person to buy for?
I’d say it’s a tie between my brother and my dad. Dad gives great lists.
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
10. Do you send your card by mail or e-mail?
I’ve varied on this one throughout the years based on where I am in my life. Usually a card or my name added to my mom’s cards. This year I didn’t do anything.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I can only think of gifts that I was a bad receiver of, not that were actually bad gifts. And I’m too ashamed to share those stories.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I pick up things as I see them throughout the year, then try to make sure I’ve got enough once December hits.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Yes, and I would more often if I had a better memory of who gave them to me…
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
My mom’s cooking. Oh, and cherry winks!
16. Lights on the tree?
17. Favorite Christmas song?
Walking in a winter wonderland always comes into my head when I go up our street after there’s been a snow.
18.Travel at Christmas or stay home?
I always go home to my parents’.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer’s?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
I think we have an angel…
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Morning. We used to open one on Christmas Eve but one year we stopped and any time I mentioned it after that they all called me a present grubber, so I stopped mentioning it. My theory is that we were always opening something to wear to Christmas Eve service, then one year they didn’t get us fancy sweaters, so the tradition stopped.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
I like the ornaments that my brother and I made in school as different craft projects and have pictures of us at the time in them.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
My mom makes a ham and does a brown sugar glazed vegan Canadian bacon for the veggies. Yum!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
I have some wish lists, but mostly just to spend time with family and decompress, it’s been a stressful year.