This whole posting daily thing is going to be a challenge. Luckily others are more creative. For example, Lauren at Whoa Wren posted a survey.
1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
On a whim I tried a boxed oat milk from my local co-op. I’ll have to check the brand name when I get home. [update – it’s Pacific brand] But it’s all I ever get anymore. I find the silk plain kinda weird and the vanilla too sweet. This one is the perfect balance.
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
I haven’t planned that out yet. But there’s a banana layer cake from a recent Vegetarian Times that’s on the list.
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
Oof, there have been a couple. The first one that comes to mind is a very elaborate thai dish with tons of exotic ingredients that ended up being completely flavorless.
5. Favorite pickled item?
Pickles. Specifically my aunt’s kitchen floor pickles.
6. How do you organize your recipes?
Not very well. The cookbooks are in LC order on my shelf. The cut out recipes are in a 3 ring binder (next to the cookbooks) organized loosely by course, there are a bunch saved on my computer that I usually forget all about, and a bunch more bookmarked that suffer the same fate, and a bunch of starred items in my feed reader that I need to go through and bookmark so that I can continue ignoring them…
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
Trash sadly. But! I’m proud to report that I have the smallest size bin and don’t even have to take it to the road monthly.
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)?
Philadelphia soft pretzels and slurpees (that’s 1 item FYI), those asian sesame balls, and this pub mix snack from Costco.
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
My grandpa bringing up peanut brittle or fudge from the cellar.
10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
Mashti malone’s non-dairy rosewater ice.
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
I’ll have to look. Probably my around the world one, but maybe the tapas one? [edit – it’s actually “Strawberry Shortcake’s Cooking Fun, published in 1980, though since I would have been not yet 1 at the time, I’d say I’ve had it since I was 5 or 6 ish probably… The Sheila Lukins All Around the World Cookbook can’t hold a candle to that. Thanks to my mom’s inscription I can tell you it arrived on my shelves in Christmas of ’94, so 10th grade.]
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
My aunt’s homemade raspberry.
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
My vegan nachos.
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
Tofu and seitan.
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
Cereal, crackers, tea set, Turkish coffee set, cooler, pet treats, cat food, dog food, extra pitchers, paper towels.
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
Tofutti fudge pops, coffee, really old coconut ice bars that I didn’t really like.
20. What’s on your grocery list?
Bananas, sour supreme, oat milk
21. Favorite grocery store?
My local co-op.
22. Name a recipe you’d love to veganize, but haven’t yet.
I finally did the monte cristo, so I think I’m set.
23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa’s because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
The endangered species one with espresso.
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
Nothing is coming to mind.
26. Ingredients you are scared to work with?
I tend to be more lazy than scared. It’s not like anything is going to blow up, but I don’t always feel like devoting the time to something that needs hours to rise or has to be checked constantly.